Thursday, July 21, 2011

Scattered..

Lately I have been feeling just that, scattered.  As I prepare to move back to small town USA on the other side of the world, okay 2,300 miles away, to finish my last semester of school I have been getting an overwhelming feeling of being scattered or stretched thin.  I am going back "home" to live with my family and am super happy about that but in pieces for having to leave this home and all the projects I would like to do:  remodel bookcases, create a stencil wall panel, find the perfect buffet cabinet, and possibly make a faux fireplace!.  On top of having to put all these ideas on the back-burner I have to leave my hubby and I's perfectly stocked kitchen!  Love you mom but living with five other people makes it difficult to keep up!

Anyway, in an effort to rid our house of all things perishable by using them I made a really yummy all but the kitchen sink risotto, sorry no pics, and an amazingly refreshing vanilla sugar infused lemonade!  





Vanilla Sugar Lemonade 
4 lemons juiced
3 cups of water
1/2 cup vanilla sugar

Works best if the water is room temperature.  Mix all ingredients, take your booty outside, and enjoy.



Enjoying this lemonade helped brighten my day and get me back into manic packing and cleaning for the next 4 months mode!  

No comments:

Post a Comment