Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Donuts!

Homemade, perfectly fried mini donuts complete with donut holes, chocolate glaze, and sprinkles!  Here is how my donut filled day went yesterday:  went to yoga with my friend Jess and afterwards she told me of this awesome bake club that is is apart of and twice a month they bake a recipe from the cookbook...  

BAKED EXPLORATIONS

Classic American Desserts Reinvented


...and that the second recipe of this month is donuts!  So being the good friend I am (and feeling the need to indulge after a crazy yoga class) I immediately agreed to come "help" or watch her work kitchen magic that resulted in these beauties!  



We ended up with about 30 of these and ate about 6 each on the spot with some strong coffee, perfect!  Cooking with Jess has opened my eyes to the fact that my kitchen and this blog are in need of a little makeover...  it's time to get serious!  Which is exactly why a trip to Williams Sonoma, duh, was made today to purchase a few necessities!  


Like all good makeovers this one will occur in stages...  the first being what good kitchen is lacking a pastry rolling mat?!  Not this anymore!  And of course a baking sheet worth mentioning!  I wouldn't dare post a picture of the lovely one lurking under the oven, with a mind of its own often popping crumbs and food off...  well, it's nice to have two now.  One majestic baking sheet and a troll.  Needless to say my kitchen, life, and soul will be seeing positive new vibrations!  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. me and the man want recipes!!!! especially of the donuts!

    ReplyDelete